Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Family Stress

It's Thursday and I'm tired. And I am a little bit upset by how inconsiderate Dan's family is to things that involve me. Here's one reason why...yesterday Laverne (Dan's Aunt, his Mom's twin sister) her husband Manuel, Manuel's brother Ismael and Ishmael's wife Christina all show up at my house at 5:15 pm. Now normally this wouldn't be a problem but I was in the middle of cooking dinner and I was also trying to get 3-4 kids ready for AWANA. I received no phone call, no advance warning whatsoever and then they all trooped into the house and made themselves at home. Now mind you they came to meet Sharon, all well and good, but the house was a mess, I work 8-9 hours a day and church is a priority for me. No consideration for the amount of stress just popping into my home causes.

Other reasons why I am a little upset, Laverne will come over and take out Amber and Morgan or bring them things that she has bought for them. About 1 in 6 times she brings stuff for my kids. She never offers to take out my kids. She cleans Sharon's room for Sharon...Sharon mind you is 46 years old. Also she will only wash Morgan's clothes...taking my wet stuff out of the washer and throwing it into a laundry basket until she is done then putting my stuff in the dryer. It's frustrating how Morgan, Sharon, Amber centric she is and the way she never offers to take out my kids or spend time with them. She also then wonders why my kids don't readily want to see her and or be with her when she is at our house.

Sharon does nothing around the house but she gets a break from the kids pretty much every weekend. Though I feel sorry for her since her children would rather be away from her than with her. All in all I am tired today, could use a few extra prayers and would like to just make the situation fix itself.

No comments: