Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Being Thankful

I'm feeling thankful.  I am thankful for the things that God has given me and I am trying to teach my children to be thankful.

Things I am thankful for:
My salvation
My husband
My 3 great kids
My Parents
My Sister
Good Jobs for Dan and I
A wonderful Babysitter who gives great care to Jayden
The schools that my children are in and their teachers who care about them so much
My house...love my house...so thankful for a warm home and a comfortable space.
Our vehicles so we can get to work.
Dr. Pepper...love it!
Food to eat...we have not gone hungry once this year.
Utilities...seriously couldn't survive without them.
Clothing that is appropriate for the seasons!

I think we in America have a hard time truly being thankful for little things but as I was complaining about needing to clean house I was reminded that there are people who live elsewhere who don't have a house to clean, food to cook or clothes to wash.  God has blessed us with so much EXTRA...beyond the necessities and we so often are not Grateful or Thankful for it.  It is my goal to be thankful for the things that I have and not to worry about the things I don't have. 

No comments: