Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

What a Week

I have had a VERY long week for different reasons.  It's not necessarily been a bad week but a very long one.

Monday:
Today was more stressful than normal because a coworker lost her job today.  It was the right move for our school and it was deserved but it's always stressful knowing something is coming and then seeing it play out.  Then you also have the added stress of how that person is going to react to the news.  I hope that it continues to be a good and easy transition. 

Tuesday:
We had a good day in my class, the kids had a good day at school, we had an okay dinner, life was normal till around 6:30...then I started feeling bad.  Very thankful Jayden went down for a nap easily and slept okay. Momma was definitely not up to snuff.

Wednesday:
I woke up feeling AWFUL.  Wednesday is also my highest number day at school and knowing this I made an attempt to go to work.  My bosses could totally see I wasnt' feeling good and they let me go home early.  I got home around 1:00 and after eating some lunch I slept for the entire afternoon.  I was so thankful for rest, for a great babysitter to watch Jayden, and then for AWANA that night for the big kids.  I was able to rest and start to feeling better.

Thursday:
My day was fine...but yet again I inserted my foot in my mouth in regards to my feelings.  Dan doesn't react well to things that I say sometimes and I made a statement that he didn't find good and it made for a stressful evening betweent he two of us.  Marriage can be so hard sometimes.  I am thankful that we have worked through it but I hate that feeling when we are in the middle of it all.

Friday:
Long day at work...due to rain!  It rained all day long!  Rainy days when your stuck inside is more challenging especially with a lot of boys in the classroom.  Dan also had a more stressful commute since he took the van and the van's windshield wipers don't always work and he wanted me to be safe.  Once he got home we all went out for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and boy was it a nice meal together without anyone having to cook.  Another bonus--PAYDAY!!! 

The weekend is full of birthday's, friends, family and hopefully I will get all the laundry done too.

No comments: