Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Toddler Grunting

Jayden is at that phase where he knows what he wants but he doesn't yet have the language to tell you what he wants.  That being the case we have a whole lot of pointing and grunting going on.  Right now he points and says...uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh, which I think means...oh look I like that can I have it...throw in a few his some babbling and that is our language attempts. 

I am trying to put meaning to the words and grunts he makes to make communication better.  Some that I can decipher....

"nuh"--with lip smacking...means nurse....we are working on weaning but not there yet.

pointing and smacking and grunting at fridge....means I want some food.

ough...means outside.

ba...bath

other words he says regularly

mama---mom

da da---means he's looking for Dan

da-dee--what he says to Dan and about him.

No comments: