Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kids say the Darndest---prayer edition

Every day when I teach Bible story I pick a boy and a girl to pray before me. Today this was the little girls prayer

Dear God,
Please help me to be better(she isn't sick)
Help my friends to be good.
Help my mom and dad to be(unintelligible)so that they don't cry any more.

Amen

The little boys prayer went like this

Dear God
Thank you for my friends
Thank you for the teachers markers and don't let anybody mess them up!

Amen

Usually I finish with a nice prayer today all I could manage was this:
Father God, thank you for the prayers of children--Amen!

First time in my classroom experience when the markers got prayed for! I wanted to laugh out loud but couldn't!

1 comment:

E and K said...

Wow, what kind of markers do you have?!?!