Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Fear


Rainstorms are hard for us. Ever since last summer any time it rains in the middle of the night there is a feeling of unease and unrest. Janea in particular is really struggling. She is afraid of the rain and the night. She is afraid that we will experience flooding again and that she will have to swim for her life. She is also afraid for her brother who isn't able to swim. She worries that her dad won't be safe as he drives home in the rain. It's a real big fear for her.


Yet it also is that teachable moment, that place where you have to simply reach out and trust that there is a God who is bigger than anything you can imagine. There could have been so much more pain and suffering for our family on that evening in June almost a year ago. There could have been death and agony and the feeling of what if...but there isn't. My baby is here and she is alive and God is Faithful! God brought her safely through that basement and brought us out of a major trial! We emerged from that evening more together, more full of gratitude than I could have ever imagined. It is on evenings like this when I listen to the rain, and hug my daughter close that I can't help but be eternally grateful for that trial. It's nights like this when I shed a tear and say an extra prayer for my children, my husband. A prayer of thanksgiving, a prayer of hope, a prayer of seeking the right thing for my family. It's times like this that I am so thankful for my Wonderful God who holds everything in his hands and won't let us slip or fall. It's this that makes me able to sleep and wake refreshed for a new morning.

1 comment:

E and K said...

Amen. Nothing more to say than that!