Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Baby it's cold outside...

We had a cold snap this week....both inside and out!

Outside there have been a few cold front pushing through this month. It was nice for the week I was off but this week it hasn't really been out of the forties and fifties. Well, last week I turned our furnace off and was running a fan in the house to bring in cooler air. It was nice to get the fresh air in the house as I was cleaning. On Tuesday, I thought about turning on the heat again but it wasn't too bad with a forecast of near 60 and sun which warms the house up during the day. Well, Wednesday morning was chilly and I thought, okay lets turn the heat on again to warm us up. I go to the thermostat and turn it to heat and nothing happens. So I flip it to Air Conditioning and nothing happens, it doesnt' turn on. I go and check the breaker box, no circuits are flipped. I turn on the fan and it turns on but it's only blowing cold air. Oh no, not good, but I gotta get to work.

During the day I often communicate with Dan by texting. So I asked him to check the thermostat and see if he can get it to work... He can't get it to work either and tells me to call our landlord. So Thursday morning I call and the furnace guy comes and checks it out...no luck, they need a different part and will fix it today. A little before 1pm Dan texts me and says that the house is only 54 degrees inside(We have an internal thermometer) and the furnace guy hasn't come yet...so I think, should I call, I want the heat! There is a chance of a serious snow storm this weekend and it's cold! I hate calling on things...well, as I am getting my kids in class down for nap the main office calls and says that they are on their way! Around 2:30 today Dan texts me again and tells me we have HEAT! I got home today to a nice warm house!

It's the little things like heat that you don't really appreciate until they are gone...well I am very appreciative of the fact that my house has heat and my furnace is working again!

No comments: