Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Best Laid Plans

I love what I do for a living. I really do! I love taking little minds and sculpting them and shaping them and seeing new concepts grow and take root. I love planning that lesson or activity that is hands on, fun, and exciting. I love everything about except the cleaning up afterwards.

Today for example, this week we are studying apples. So I had each student bring in apples to use for various activities. I have a large semi-circle table in my room and we all sat around the table and experienced apples. We smelled them, we tasted them, we felt them we cut them we just enjoyed apples. Then we made applesauce with a bag of apples. Even now I am sitting in my classroom smelling the crockpot full of apples cooking to be made into applesauce. I wish you could smell it! It smells so yummy! The kids are very excited too because they thought applesauce only comes from cans or jars!

I thought that cleaning up after my kids was hard....cleaning up after 9 pre-k kids who have been eating apples and such is hard work! Took quite awhile! I'm definitely going to be tired tonight!

No comments: