Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thoughts about 5th grade

My baby girl is going to 5th grade soon.

She finishes 4 grade in 13 and a half days. Then I get to be the mother of a 5th grader. Really, when did she grow up? When did she become a TWEEN? Why does she have to be 10 in less than a month?

Wasn't it just yesterday that I was thinking about Pre-K for her? Wasn't she just in Kindergarten? Wasn't she afraid of starting first grade? and now here she is starting 5th grade in just a few months.

I know she is ready....but I'm not. She will thrive and mature and grow as an individual and she will do well. I am so proud of her and all that she does and who she is but at the same time I want to slow down time and not let her grow up.

We took the first step to 5th grade tonight. An informational meeting for parents of fourth graders and a brief introduction to 5th grade. Siblings weren't invited so Jaron went to Grandma and Grandpa's and they went to the park. We then went and got ice cream(custard) at Culvers on the way home. It's a big deal, this starting 5th grade. I'm just not sure I'm ready for it...good thing I have all summer to adjust to the idea of how grown up my kids really are!

No comments: