Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Being Helpful

Every morning since Dan has started on day shift, I help him by making him a nutritious smoothie for breakfast. He seems to enjoy them and I think I have finally perfected my recipe...so here goes...

1. Start with clean blender
2. Add a 1/2 cup of frozen fruit...this morning I used peaches.
3. Add a protein and vitamin supplement...we use Whey protein and Ruby Reds by New Vitality.
4. Add yogurt...we use Vanilla you could use any type...I add 4 large soup spoonfuls
5. Add Flax oil...1-2 Tbsp.
6. Add milk...Dan prefers Soymilk to Cow Milk. I use about a cup and a half
At this stage it doesn't really look too yummy...more like a hodgepodge of stuff.

6. Blend until Smooth

7. Serve and Enjoy!
This smoothie is enough to help Dan get through to lunchtime. It works for us. Cleanup takes no longer than a bowl of cereal and all the parts are dishwasher safe!

No comments: