Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

This morning Janea and I were going about cleaning out some trashcans using the shower to fill them up with hot and soapy water in order to clean them out (they were really nasty). Well, we got them rinsed and filled with water and then Janea comes to me and says in a bit of a panic..."Mom, I can't turn the water off!" I go into the bathroom and the handle is only spinning and spinning. I try to use a screwdriver to get it to turn off...no luck...I'm getting really really stressed and the bathroom is filling full of steam...so I call my DAD! He comes to my rescue...but he can't get it to turn off either....so we have to turn the water off to the whole house! In the midst of this I accidently turned the water back on as I was trying to turn it completely off getting my Dad wet in the process...SORRY DAD! He tries all he can but says that we're going to have to call the maintenence department since he's not sure if a plumber is needed or not.
I see My Dad off on his way back to work and call the main office. Within 15 minutes the maintenence guy is here. He says the handle is broken but he won't get a new part until tomorrow but he is able to turn it so that the water is shut off so I can turn the water back on in the house! So now the shower looks like this...
It's times like this I am glad we are renting as opposed to homeowner since i don't have to fix this myself...an adrenaline rush later I can honestly say that I'm glad this is over!


No comments: