Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Craziness, Cell Phones and Long Breaks

So life is crazy at home right now. I am dealing with the nieces and am struggling with knowing what to do to get them to understand that I am there to help and I want to be their friend and that it bothers me when they spend all their time on the weekends at Laverne's house. Why is Laverne so much better than me? I can't let it bother me though!

So this week we are having Thanksgiving dinner at our house. I am in charge of cooking the turkey, mashed potatoes, vegetable, stuffing and gravy--which I stink at making! I am also doing corn bread, cranberries, and the like. Laverne is helping with dessert and making the sweet potatoes. I like to do Thanksgiving up with good dishes, placemats, decorations and Sharon's response to this is " Lets get paper plates with Turkeys on them!" Ah , no! So I have to bring up their level of holidays and try to keep them from ruining mine!

I finally broke down and got a cell phone. I am still not used to carrying it and one on my friends from work called this morning to tell me she was sick and could I do something for her at school...No Problem! So I am taking Jaron to the bathroom at the gas station and all of a sudden I hear this cell phone...I look around and there is no one in the bathroom but us! Then my pocket starts vibrating! Well, it's my phone! And somehow during our conversation I turn it down so I can barely hear! Me and cell phones may not be the best combination!

1 comment:

E and K said...

Hey Erin! How have you and Dan been? Don't take offense, but I only slighlty remember you guys, it's been so long! What are you up to now? I skimmed some of your blogs, you just recently moved to MO, right? And you're teaching, and you went to Judson? My supervisor was Prof. Hutton. And I had my final exit interview with Prof. Stombres. Feel free to keep in contact with me via my blog, and I'll do the same with you! Thanks for the advice. I try to be a pretty positive person and tell people positive comments, but sometimes that doesn't make it past the front door! How long have you and Dan been married? And how old are your kiddos?