Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Williamsburg Trip Day 3

Friday was a hard day for me...I got sick...supersick. I woke up during the night on Thursday night with stomach cramps and the like...all night I was in and out of the bathroom. It was bad. So Friday morning I again take the girls to breakfast and then walked over to a gas station to get some Pepto or Immodium to try and settle my stomach. I was the van driver, and I knew I couldn't drive because of my stomach. Well while I was gone the other parents and teacher had a discussion and it was decided that one of the dad's was going to drive. I am so glad that they made that decision since I really was in no shape to drive. We did have to stop a few times on our way to D.C. Well, after arriving in D.C. I laid down and napped for a little while and everyone else just kinda settled into their rooms before we headed out sightseeing.
I ended up not going with the group on Friday afternoon. I really didn't feel up to going when the group left...we were near public transportation sites and I thought I would rest for a while longer then meet up with everyone else later that afternoon. The other parents assured me they could handle everything and that I should just stay at the hotel. I said ok and off they went. I proceeded to sleep away the afternoon.
From what I was told they went and toured the National Geographic Headquaters building, ate a late lunch at Fuddruckers and then they got to take a tour of ABC studios in Washingtion. It was very cool of the other teacher's friend to arrange a tour for us. The kids got to see how TV is made and then even got to sit in front of a green screen and read from the teleprompter.
Well, by the end of the tour the kids have been together for 3 days straight. They are starting to bug each other just to make people mad and so it was decided that each family would be on their own for dinner since a lot of the kids weren't really hungry and we just needed to seperate for a while. They got back to the hotel, told me all about what they had done and then my coteacher and another parent walked down and found a grocery store and picked up some lunchable, cheese and crackers and some juice for the evening. It was a good night to just relax after our previous two busy days.
I think that I everyone was in bed by 9:00 and we slept to get ready for Saturday...all the while praying for good weather as we got ready to do the National Mall.

No comments: