Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stormy Skies

It's been raining here for a few days and let me tell you since we have moved my panic level during rainstorms has gone down. Since the flood we get more nervous when it rains but we know that God is in control and is taking care of us so we get through it. I'm also alot calmer now that we are no longer living on the banks of a creek!

Last night the kiddos were watching tv and the National Weather Service kept breaking in to inform us of Tornado watches, warnings and flashflood warnings. We are in a flood watch currently and have gotten quite a bit of rain. Jaron was getting very upset by the thought of severe weather and had trouble being calm. Tornados make him nervous and there were about 11 in the Kansas City Metro area. We were never in harms way and I was watching the weather very closely to see if we need to seek shelter in a basement. Jaron would come and watch with me and then would leave and come back. I kept reminding him that God would take care of us and at one point he asked to Pray. It was very sweet to see him trusting in God to take care of our family.

Today it's still cloudy, I am thankful that we are not directly in the path of IKE but we might get a little rain from him later tonight. We are going to focus on house cleaning and grocery shopping and getting ready for next week.

No comments: