Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh my word...I'm tired

I forgot how tiring it can be to go to work every day, come home and take care of the kiddos and everything...I'm so exhausted. Praising God that it is Friday! Dan is working again tonight so it's me and the kiddos home alone!

I realized it is the last Friday of the month so I decided to Reward the kiddos with new items since they both have done awesome this month! I don't reward weekly but I did feel that since they both have been getting up, getting dressed, being helpful around the house and doing what is expected of them at school that they deserved something new and special. Jaron got a new game to play here at home. It's one where you go fishing, the mouths of the fish open and close as it goes around in a circle! Janea has been begging for a new watch and loves to do arts and crafts! We totally lucked out, in the craft department we found a beading kit which lets you make 5 different watches! She is excited to craft herself some new and exciting jewelry.

As for me, I got a new pair of comfortable brown shoes to wear to work and some ribbon so I can wear a shirt I bought that needs a belt but I don't have a belt so I thought some wide ribbon would look really good! I also bought a cooked chicken for us to eat for dinner since I am really tired and don't feel like cooking a complete meal!

All in all it's been a good week. I am currently the assistant in a K-4 class but in reality I am mentoring the lead teacher from the Assistant role to help her to be a better teacher. She is great at relaying information and teaching the kids, she needs help with things like transitions, age appropriate techniques to keep the kids focused and ready to go. This is her first year teaching preschool and she doesn't know enough to be as effective as she would like to be so I am there to help push her in the right direction. She is liking my ideas and methods and we are seeing progress already so I am glad to be able to pass on my experience to others! And no lesson plans for me!(I hate lesson planning)

Well, that's a little bit of what is going on with us! I'll keep you posted on how life is going!

No comments: