Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Field Day 2009

Today was Field Day at school! I have the aching feet and legs to prove it!

First I need to give a shout out to the 2 teachers who did a great job planning and running the events and for keeping on their smiles even when things weren't "ideal". They faced obstacles and challenges and the weather which really didn't cooperate to make for a fun day for the kids. So thank you ladies!

I am so frustrated by people who can't get past things to have fun! Several of the helpers and teachers decided that instead of having fun and throwing yourself into the fun of field day instead moped. I hate moping...they complained that they were too cold, about things we really had no control over and made it less fun for the kids. This really bugs me...I worked at a camp in West Virginia for one summer...and every Monday it rained...buckets, but we didn't complain we went with the punches and invented new stuff that made camp enjoyable for the kids...well I state this to explain this...one of our stations was horseback riding...and the ponies were really late...so I made up games to play instead....and I squirted the kids with a squirt gun and my group really had a lot of fun and the kids were almost dissappointed that the day was over. Other kids were complaining about not having any fun but I think if their leaders had made more of an effort to have fun the kids would have had more fun...it all about perception...my kids had fun because I made it fun.

All in all it was a good day! We had fun and enjoyed the second to last day of school. I learned a few new things to tuck away for my list of field day stuff and next year maybe I'll help a little bit more! Live, learn, play and enjoy...every school year is different and you have to roll with the punches!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I appriciate your willingness to have fun! It did make a HUGE difference.