Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

From Field Trips to Fussing

I am so looking forward to sleeping in my nice soft bed tonight! I am tired! It's been a good day but an extremely long day! Here's why:

This morning was our Field Trip to Deanna Rose Farmstead. I love this place, it's a mini zoo full of animals that are native to the Midwest, its a petting zoo where you can pet the animals, its a historical recreation and I love History and it's Free! At least free admission! Well, we decided to have our end of the year field trip here. It was a beautiful day, warm, nice, sunny, not too hot, not to cold..great day! So we packed up 31 pre kindergartners, 9 adults and loaded a bus to the farm. It was an enjoyable time, we fed animals, took a wagon ride, and played on their very cool playground...yet it was a field trip and they are tiring...especially when you are in charge. I was in charge(my favorite place to be!) and things went as smoothly as can be expected with that many kids 5 and under! All in all a successful field trip!

This evening there has been crankiness and tiredness, some from me, some from the kids. It's nearing summer vacation and the kids are tired of school every day and they are in the process of bringing everything home. Both kids are so tired that they are weepy...fussy...almost like little babies! Every little unexpected thing can set them off...the only good thing is that they are alternating...first Janea, then Jaron, etc. Plus I am tired and so it's getting to me too. It's bedtime for all of us...we need to rest and refresh so that tomorrow we can have a good day!

No comments: