Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Failure to Communicate

All day long I have had that movie quote..."What we have hear is a failure to communicate" going through my head.

Today was the first day of VBS at the church where I work. It was very well attended...I heard someone say that there were close to 600 kids there today. Every knook and kranny of the church was being used. Well, that includes the space that the ACADEMY uses. So we are sharing...adapting, and needing to communicate.

The church told us very little of what we as teachers needed to do for them. They gave us very little help in getting our kids ready for the week. Basically we are supposed to do everything that they need us to do, ask no questions and go with the flow...which on one hand is fine...but I do have 24 kids whose parents have entrusted me with their care, have questions and concerns and are looking to me for answers...makes for chaos, makes for stress, makes me want to scream.

We made it through day one...I have a plan in place for tomorrow and it will be better, I will be honest and say that I honestly am not looking forward to it though, this is the week where I will say "Lord how can I be a servant, how can I help the body?" and I will smile, and chant and pray that the week goes by very swiftly!

No comments: