Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Week in Review

Wow...I am so tired! This week was super full and exhausting.

Monday: Kick off of VBS at the church where I work...I had no clue what to expect and it was chaotic and I didn't really have much fun. I tried to but between all the hassles I was more burned out than anything. I had thought ahead and made Pot Roast and Potatoes in the crockpot before I left so lunch and dinner for Dan was super easy. I also took the kids to the pool, I didn't get wet but had fun reading and soaking up some rays! Monday nights are my favorite! We play volleyball...didn't win but had a good time playing with the other team from my church!

Tuesday: The church where I work has a rather elaborate check in system for the kids and since I have 37 kids enrolled for Summer Camp check in can take up to a half an hour. I had arranged with the church staff to get the codes for VBS and I started checking the kids in when I arrived at work at 7:30. It worked well but took a while. I tried to seperate all the kids into classroom groups to make pickup easier but it still was a bit of a hassle and needed refining. After I got off work I made porkchops and mashed potatoes for dinner and packed Dan's lunch. The kids and I again headed to the pool since the weather was quite warm. All in all a decent day! First night we had not had thunderstorms so I got a decent nights sleep too!

Wednesday: Again I checked all the kids in early, I also refined my system for pickup by combining all the kids from each class together into easier more manageable ways. I also made arrangements with the classroom teachers to not have to worry about picking up stuff but having them save it all for Friday! Made for not as much stuff for me to carry. It was super hot today so I again to the kids to the pool. This time I got in the water...bad thing I forgot to apply sunscreen for myself and burned my chest and shoulders. We were so tired after all the swimming I decided to treat the kids to Taco Bueno since they have 99 cent kids meals on Wednesday. We enjoyed the food...didn't make it to church since we were all super exhausted! I had made a yummy Fettucine Alfredo kit for lunch and Dan got to enjoy some of that and leftovers for dinner at work.

Thursday: I finally found a pick up system that worked! HOORAY for me! I ended up helping in another class since the helpers for that room just decided not to come. It was insane...32 preschool kids in a classroom that is hardly big enough for 25....made for a day full of counting and making sure we had them all. I hate not knowing all the kids names and since half had their nametags on their backs and half had them on their fronts it was a challenge. I made 2 kids cry when I called them different names! I was really tired after work and so was Dan so I ran out to Mr. Goodcents for lunch. I got their 5 dollar footlongs and we had yummy sandwiches for lunch. I packed up the remaining left overs for Dan for lunch that night and the kids and I went to the pool for a little while. Again I swam with them...Jaron is really becoming a little fish and it was fun! I got to play volleyball too!

Friday: Can I say tired....and I woke up with the theme song for VBS in my head. After struggling to get out the door I treated the kids to a morning treat at Quik Trip and headed to work. The computer decided it didn't like me and it took me longer to get the nametags this morning....so glad I don't have to do that anymore...and dropped off all the kids...pick up took a while today and it was just a long day....so happy no more VBS. When I got home, Dan is off today so I didn't have to immediately make food I just laid down on our bed and took a nap...I slept for only an hour and I think I am more tired now than I was before...we just hung out at home and played UNO with the kids. We decided to order pizza for dinner and just hang out at home tonight...so thankful for delivery.

So that's a rundown of life this week...only 3 more work days for Dan before vacation and 5 more for me. School should run smoother next week and I am looking forward to going to Branson for a few days! Jaron is getting very excited for our trip! It should be a lot of fun!

No comments: