Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Praising God Tonight

It was a year ago tonight that the flooding was bad and hit the house down in Peculiar. Tonight as I tucked my babies into bed I was remembering that night...tonight its nice...comfortable temperatures and no rain in sight so I can rest peacefully. Tonight I am thinking about this:

I am thankful for the lessons that were learned through that situation.

I am thankful for the Sovereignty of God as He leads us through this life.

I am thankful for the life that my daughter has, for the ability she had to remain calm and swim out and the resilience she is showing in dealing with thunderstorms and getting over her fear of rain.

I am thankful for our loving church family who were and continue to be so supportive of us!

I am thankful for my God who meets all my needs and who I can praise for bringing us through the trial and leading us to a bright and happy place today!

2 comments:

La Familia Garcia said...

How great to never forget God's faithfulness!

Gail said...

I can't believe that was a year ago already! There is always something to be thankful for - including that God has promised to never again completely flood the earth. =-)