Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Just when you think that your life is getting back to normal....

You are hit with another dose of craziness! So I get home from a great trip to California...notice that the relatives haven't done everything I liked but oh well, I get the laundry started, wash some dishes and just try to adjust to being home and the heat! That night it happens...disaster strikes again!

Tuesday night at Midnight Janea comes upstairs and tells me that there is water in the basement...I think okay there are probably some puddles or something, then I touch her shoulder, she is soaking wet! She was trapped in a flooded basement and had to swim out! The water was up higher than my head! I looked out the window and notice that our house is basically in the middle of a giant lake...aka..the backyard! My car is not visable it's completely underwater! I rush to my phone and call Dan and let him know what is going on and he tells me he will be coming home...I start to panic since the water is up to the street, I am freaking out...it's bad, really bad...

Dan gets home as the water is starting to recede yet he is unable to reach the house, I feel better but then as I am standing in the house, ringing my hands in a tizzy, I smell something...propane gas...I try to call the propane company and my phone is out of minutes, so I use my sister in laws and they tell me they can't do anything but to call the fire department, we get the kids out of bed and get ready to go to grandmas house just in case the house may explode, and then the man from the propane company comes and turn off our leaking propane tank...disaster from fire is temporarily adverted. Dan goes to the basement, the water has receded but it's still knee high, its bad, really bad, nasty bad! He is still hearing rushing water and starts to investigate, hollering for me to come and hold the flashlight, so he can shut off the intake valve to the water heater which is spewing additional gallons of water all over the basement!

All in all a trying evening...followed by little sleep and then we begin to clean up...I will post pictures of the damage soon! Please pray that we can get the mess cleaned up in a timely fashion! Some major blessings...our washer and dryer are working! Our Daughter is fine and has a great story to tell about surviving the flood! I'll have her dicate her story soon as well! All in all, we are grateful that we have beds to sleep in and that it was only the lower level of our house that was affected! Please pray that we will get the insurance stuff all straightened out as well!

No comments: