Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday Fun!

Easter is one of my favorite holidays because of the great meaning that it holds and how pivotal it is to my Salvation. Last year I unfortunately didn't get Good Friday off of work since I teach at a private but non-Christian school. Well this year, Spring Break and Good Friday coincide so I got to have today off! YEAH!

My mom and I and the kiddos went shopping today. Janea got 2 new dresses(1 for Spring, one for Sunday) new sandals(and it may snow on Sunday) 1 top( on clearance for a 1.60...couldn't resist) and 2 new pairs of jeans! I got 2 new blouses, a new necklace and earrings and a snazzy new purse...Dan owed me something for my birthday! Jaron got new sneakers and a new Spiderman shirt...and my mom got some stuff too. So today we shopped til we dropped and tomorrow we will get to dye Easter eggs, and make Easter candy....a Spry/Jonathan family tradition!

All in all a great way to celebrate new Life in Christ as well as the beauty of Spring...tonight is our church's Tennebrae service a great way to refocus on the pain and suffering of Christ on the cross for our sins. I hopefully will get to go but it doesn't start until 8:00 tonight, so it depends on how Dan is feeling and the kiddos.

No comments: