Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just what this Momma needed

Friday as I was leaving school my mom called and said that my parent's church( they pastor a church about 40 minutes from here) was having their annual VBS kickoff. This year it was going to be at a local families farm and there would be fishing and games and fun. She wanted to know if the kids would be able to go...they often go to VBS at Grandma and Grandpa's church in the summer. I was all over that!

4:40 the kids got picked up to go...and they didn't come home until almost 10! It was so nice to have a relaxing night off without the kids.

Dan and I went to Costco...but only had a half an hour to shop...probably would have spent even more if we had more time but we got the stuff we really needed!

After Costco because Dan is wise and we brought the cooler with us for the frozen stuff we stopped at PepperJax for yummy philly cheese steak sandwiches!( yeah for no cooking!)

Then we came home and just hung out...watched some shows we had DVR'd to watch together and relaxed...kidless...it was wonderful! I am so thankful for my mom and dad who were able to spend quality time with the grandkids and for those times when I get a break.

No comments: