Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Snorkel and Super Crab

Today was a long day at work and the kids were pretty wiped out as we heading home. I am working longer hours this week and the kids are not used to it. Plus having been off for a week they are trying to adjust to our regular schedule since we really got off of it last week. Today after work as we were headed home both kids fell asleep in the car! I stopped at the UPS store and had them bring me my mail and looked through it and called Dan too as they snoozed. I really needed to go to Walmart and so I stopped. I woke up both kids when we got there. Bad choice...Jaron wasn't ready to shop! We get the few things I really needed and as we were going he sees the snorkels...he really wants one and gets really upset when I tell him that the snorkel is not in the budget this week and that he will have to wait...not what he wants to here at all!

The whole way through the store, the whole way home, and for at least a half hour after that he tried everything to get me to get the snorkel. He tried manipulating, tantruming, and even threatening to get his way. All he got was a big handful of nothing and he has worn himself out even more...I think we all need to head to bed early tonight.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Don't give in Mommy. It's good for kids to not get their own way. It may be tiring for you right now, but will make things easier in the long run! Keep on keeping on!