Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brr..a chill in the air...

Makes my feet really cold. The days are growing shorter, the temperatures are cooler and we are in the middle of a beautiful fall pattern.

The days get warm enough but the nights are nice and cool. Really good sleeping weather, really not good waking up weather but I am adapting to the cool mornings and trying to make it less stressful for me by laying out clothes and making the kids lunches so that all I have to add is sandwiches and cheese in the morning.

Last night I made homemade pumpkin bread with the pumpkin we pureed from the pumpkin patch...it's all gone already. I took one loaf to work to share, Dan ate an entire loaf by himself, and I shared a loaf with my parents. It was so good I want to make more already but I will wait till later this week.

The kids were awesome tonight. They worked on homework with out complaining and they are playing so nicely together. I am truly a blessed mom to have such awesome kids. School is going decently and life is moving at a rapid clip. I am so thankful for a decent paying job, a school where my children are doing well, and a roof over my head and a nice warm bed to climb into at night.

Dan is at work and we miss him but I am working on keeping him on his meal schedule...he's doing well at sticking to eating healthy and I am very proud of him. He's really working hard at it. He's shown real dedication and I think he is really seeing the benefits.

Well, that's a rundown...it's almost bedtime and I need to get the kids to bed. So I am off to do the mom thing...

No comments: