Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Doctor Drama

Yesterday was a dramatic day for me...a tiring, stressful type of day.  Filled with DOCTORS....I'm getting to the point that I HATE going to the doctor. 

Jayden is 4 months old and had his 4 month check up yesterday.  We made it on time, got back to see the doctor, his check up is going really well until our Doctor is concerned about his weight on the growth charts.  Jayden is no small tyke...he is a BIG baby.  The scale at our Doctor office said he weighed 21 pounds, I had been weighing him regularly at home with me and I was sure he was around 19 pounds.  So I was a little bit surprised.  Well based on their measurement and his position on the growth curve for a child his age the doctor was concerned that there might be something causing it...like his Thyroid.   So he wanted to do some bloodwork.  Well, we finished up the appointment, got our shots, and then heading next door to the hospital to have our bloodwork done.  As we get to the hospital it's beginning to rain and a very nice man in a golf cart gave me a ride to the door...so nice!

After checking in at the hospital and heading into the lab we are called in.  Where they proceed to take 3 vials of blood from his heels...jaundice tests are done in the heel but call for a small amount of blood...getting 3 vials from the heel is a grueling process and super stressful for both Mom and baby.  Finally we get finished and head to the lobby where it is poring down rain....sheets of rain...so we waited till it lightened up and then got a ride back to the car by the same nice man in the golf cart!  I seriously love him!

I get home...and notice our power was on but that it had gone off again during our visit...it had been off and off all morning before our appointment.  I get Jayden down for a nap, sit to take a breather when the Doctor's office calls me...Jaydens initial bloodwork has come back showing HIGH Potassium which could be stressful on his heart and I need to take him to Children's Mercy to have them redo the lab and check him out.  PANIC mode sets in... I immediately call my parents and ask for prayer, start praying, call my husband, and I called my buddy Katy and told her and she offers to go with me...PRAISE GOD for friends!  I am so thankful for my friend who stepped in to help me through this.  I get ready to go and we are off...my mom called during this time to see if I wanted her to go with me and I told her Katy was with me and could she help with the big kids instead...and she said yes....just keep her posted.

We get to Children's Mercy...tell the nurses what was going on...called the Doctor to confirm...and then we WAIT...and WAIT....and WAIT...after 2 hours we see the Doctor...he doesn't think that the weight is a problem or the Thyroid...and their scale is showing Jayden at 18-19 pounds...big but not a concern...but he does agree that we need to redo the Potassium levels...finally we get the test done...and Finally the result comes back and HE IS FINE...normal levels, not a problem...WHEW....Thank you Jesus!  4 hours later we get to leave...

On the way home I get a call from a place I have applied at and they call me for an interview...so Tuesday(today) at 2:30 I will go and interview and if it is God's will I will get the job!  I'm thankful that so many things worked out yesterday.

Hand of God Moments:
*my parents(who work at the same place) took 2 cars so my mom could come and meet the kids after school!
*my buddy Katy is home from the Phillipines and works mornings so she could come with me!
* my interview was scheduled after I knew my baby was fine!

Thankful for God's provision and a Healthy baby!  Looking forward to the rest of the week...oh and Jayden slept really good last night....poorthing was all tuckered out!

No comments: