Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Friday..but it felt like Monday

I love Fridays! It means the next two days with no school! Yeah!!! Well this past Friday definitely felt more like a Monday! I don't like Mondays, since my students seem to leak everything out their ears during their two days off. Well, our kindergarten teacher wasn't feeling well on Friday. She had a terrible sore throat, could barely talk and was just having trouble, so they asked me to fill in. Not a big deal normally, since I only teach in the mornings, except the first and second grade Science teacher(Ijust teach Math, Spelling, Language Arts, Reading, and Social Studies.) was absent and had arranged for me to sub for him. So being SUPER TEACHER i said I could do both classes. Would normally not be a problem except for the fact that this was exploding volcano day. Did you see Lost on Wednesday where the teacher causes a small eruption? That's what we did but I had 5 different volcanos going off and we had these side vent that were very cool but extremely messy! So the kindergartners thought that was cool! We also had a video to watch and that went well. Then we ate the icecream that the younger class had made and by the time the day was over I was exhausted! Usually on Friday's class goes smoothly, we have fun, and the week is over! This week was so tiring. Dan and I also had a crazy arguement and I just was stressed for a few hours.

I got sunburned for the first time this season. I wore a tank top, skirt and denim shirt to school yesterday and we spent most of the afternoon outside and it was hot! I took the denim shirt off and so my shoulders and upperback were sunburned, I think that made me tired too! All in all I am thankful that there are only 9.5 days left to school!

No comments: