Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Parenting...it's not an easy job!

There are times I love being a mom! I love to help the kids learn stuff, to have fun and play, to enjoy the good times! Then there are days when I want to send them back~! Doesn't happen very often but on occasion I would gladly throw in the towel and go back to the life of coupledom(not that I really know what that is like, we have been parents for all but one year of our marriage).

My kids got off the bus today and ran to meet me at the door. Before they are even on the front steps Janea bursts into tears and informs me that she was sent to the Focus Room. This is the place at school where my children have been told to never go. They need to behave, obey and focus on being the best students they can be. I ask why she was sent, she tells me it's for kicking another child and lying to the teacher! Kicking, that is part of being a kid and not controlling yourself, lying is not okay period. Dan and I have worked really hard at making sure that our children are obedient and not lying. We are not perfect parents and our kids do make mistakes and so she was very upset because she knew she had done wrong. I was livid...and rushed to call Dan. Dan as usual sees it simply from Janea's point of view but as I talked to Janea I realized I may have jumped to the worst case scenario, Dan calls me back and we decided that Janea has lost TV for a few days and will have to accept the natural consequenses that come with misbehaving at school. It will take some time for the teacher to trust Janea completely and I hope that she has learned to control herself more.

The Bible instructs parents to be training their children to follow Him. It is my prayer that Dan and I help Janea and Jaron to be the best kids they can be and that they grow to Love Him. Training a child is hard work...certainly not for wimps!

No comments: