Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Changing from Bitterness to Thankfulness

I am struggling with my attitude in many ways. I have discovered that when I am feeling grouchy or discouraged it is a good idea to list a positive thought or a blessing from God to help me balance my negativity...so hear goes.

1. I am upset because Dan is sleeping even though he slept all day...however, I am thankful for the long hours he puts in at work and the way he gets up to be with the kids on Friday afternoons so I can stay longer at work, instead of sleeping in like I do on Saturday mornings.

2. I am frustrated by my children and their constant demands....however I am thankful that I get to have them in my life, many families struggle with the permanent loss of a child or the inability to have children and don't experience all the little joys like hugs and smiles. I love the hugs and happiness that a simple word or phrase can accomplish...makes mothering slightly easier.

3. I am tired and achy...yet I am thankful for a decent paying job, fun kids to work with and the garden tub in my bathroom! I am so taking a bath tonight. A long hot soak will do a world of good!

On top of it all I am so thankful that my loving God never gets tired, irritable or upset with me and is eternally loving, kind and longsuffering towards me with all of my negatives. Philippians shows us Paul rejoicing in suffering and I can do the same thing even though when it comes down to it my list of grievances are nothing like being thrown in prison. My suffering really isn't suffering its just being tired and a little bit whiny!

No comments: