Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mission Completed

Today I really struggled with my attitude. I get frustrated with juggling my role as a wife, mother, teacher, and friend. School was good, I was tired today and that makes me less patient than I need to be. However, on Tuesday and Thursday there is more planning time and that makes the day go by faster!



However, my big issues came after school. I get home and load up the kids in the car to go run errands. I planned to go to the bank to make a deposit, then go to the mailbox to get our mail, then go and get my car washed since it was disgusting and the weather was nice for a car wash. As I am driving to the bank Dan calls me and wants to know if I am going to get his glasses. I had received a call this morning letting me know that his new glasses are in and ready. I had texted him during the day to ask if he was going to pick them up or if he wanted me too and he had texted me " when convenient, don't stress" so the day that is most convenient for me is next Tuesday when the kids are at Good News Club. My answer wasn't exactly what he wanted to here. So he called to ask how the kids were and then if I was going to get his glasses. I said that I had to go to the bank and get my car wash but I would try to get them. He got rather short with me on the phone and made an issue of me getting them before next Tuesday! I have to admit that I didn't answer with a spirit of love and kindness but one of bitterness and anger. After I hung up I felt convicted by Ephesians 4, about being kind so even though it wasn't super convenient we went and got the new glasses and they look good.!



The whole ride in the car my children are being obnoxious and demanding. Normally they are fine with errand running but today Jaron wanted to go to Quik Trip and that is all he wanted and so he was whining and crying in the back seat. Quik Trip was not on my agenda and so I would not give in but it makes for a long car ride! Janea was antogonizing her brother and making me frustrated! On a plus side, they both giggled and laughed all through the car wash and the surprise of pizza for dinner made for a much more relaxing drive home, even though Jaron still wanted to take a trip to Quik Trip.



We are home, fed and able to enjoy the gorgeous weather that we are having this February. I love having warm days! We made it to the bank, the mailbox, the carwash, the glasses place and to Little Ceasers for a pizza and crazy bread for dinner. My meeting at school was cancelled so we can have a more relaxing night. So we are going to work on showers, baths, and then it's the plan to get everyone to bed earlier and start off on a better foot tomorrow morning.

No comments: