Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Recharging my Batteries

This weekend I got to recharge my batteries a little.

Saturday for lunch I met the gals from my old school and hung out and ate yummy cheeseburgers. It was nice to see them and hang out and talk and catch up. I've been feeling a little bit depressed because of the school closing things and its nice to see people who are in the same boat. Our former co-worker Katy came too and I love getting to hang with my friend and it will be a year until I get to hang out with her again since she is going back to the Phillipines to teach for another year.

Saturday afternoon we dropped the kiddos off at my parents to spend the night! This was a much needed time for me to just hang out with Dan. We headed off to Kansas for dinner and a movie. We ate at Ted's Montana Grill...very good food...and then went and saw the Sorceror's Apprentice. It was a good movie and we enjoyed just hanging out together. Once we got home it was nice to watch TV without constantly being interrupted by the children.

Sunday was weird going to church without the kids but they were with Grandma and Grandpa at their church and we had to leave immediately after church to get out to Kaufman Stadium to see the Royals play. It was FIKE day at the K...they were celebrating with tickets for having 1,000,000 hours worked without injuries or days lost. We had good seats but it was so hot and in full sun that we only stayed for a few innings before leaving. We aren't really baseball people.

I picked the kids up around 5 and we enjoyed the evening with the kids. All in all I needed the break from my kids so that I am a better mom. So I am glad to just have had time to recharge a little.

No comments: