Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

*Big Sigh*

Okay, maybe I'm missing something but I don't enjoy being a SAHM (stay at home mom). I'm not being critical of SAHM's and don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting time with my family and I love being a teacher where I get summers off but I'm done. I'm tired of staying home all the time and I think I may have Cabin Fever. I've been on a cleaning and organizing kick and my house is better off for it. I've had lots of quality time with the kids but I am so ready for them to go back to school so that they have more structure and less idle time on their hands.

I'm missing going to work. I'm missing the purpose it gives me. I'm feeling frumpy dumpy. I'm not enjoying doing the same things everyday. I'm lacking good motivation. At the start of the summer I was motivated to get my house more undercontrol before the Fall school year. I've done that. I was looking forward to taking a few vacations or trips...done that...

Waiting to be called for a job interview that may or may not happen is excurtiating for me. I'm full of self doubt and am second guessing myself and my qualifications. I'm also getting mad cuz in my eyes I look pretty good to a potential employer and yet they haven't called. I'm also jumping the gun on the pity party since I just applied less than 4 days ago and there is a process on both ends. So I'm still looking for place to apply to and that's a process I don't enjoy.

Tomorrow the kiddos will get re-enrolled for school and the countdown will begin. We will get their school supplies, haircuts and double check wardrobes in preparation for the first day. I'm praying I have a job by then otherwise my days will be extra long waiting for them to come home and having Dan off at work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erin, I totally know how you feel. I have been feeling it myself the past few weeks. I'm glad for school to be starting up for the kids' sakes, but I'm not ready for it to begin becuase right now, I'm not starting! The waiting and not hearing anything can be anoying, stressful and overwhelming! I'm trying to do stuff around here to keep myself busy, but it's been hard. Between the HEAT, a fairly clean house and no motivation, it's been really hard! Trust me, I totally agree with you on this one!!!