Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Declaration of Independence

My class is studying about the Revolutionary Period and I had them break into groups to write their own version of the Declaration of Independence....I had initially taxed them and I am a bit tyrannical on eating their vegetables at the table...so here is what my 2 Fourth Graders and my daughter who techinically is in Second grade wrote(I left the spelling errors and punctuation as it was turned in.)
We all deserve the respect witch you had not given us.
We should get to eat whatever we wnat whenever we wnat.
We should be treated with the respect.;
We should be able to do work when we want to.
We will not eat are vegies.
We demand a fish as a class pet.
We not pay are taxes.
We should have the privet.
We will do nothing un less we get what we want.
We want freedom from taxation.
I love the way that this group was able to work together and make a declaration of what rights and demands that they feel we should be granted.
Now my other group of 3 second grade girls wrote the following Declaration:
We do not want to keep our shoes on at recess.
We do not want to eat food we hate.
The Queen gives us shelter.
Frankly, I am impressed that they got anything down on paper since the argued for 2 weeks and could not come up with any good reasons for declaring Independence!
So now I have to transfer them into the computer in a flowery font, print them on a parchmenty paper and add them too their portfolios!

1 comment:

E and K said...

Nice, my personal favorites are:
"we demand a fish as a class pet"
and
"we do not want to keep our shoes on at recess"
Both very nice!