Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Being A Girl

I'm struggling right now with my girliness. I am not a real girly-girl. Pink has never been my favorite color, I am not super into clothes or hair or the like. My daughter on the other hand is a girly-girl. She likes clothes, shoes, Princesses and pink! I am trying to raise her to be a strong person, a woman to be looked up to in life. This is really hard. My issue is I want her to be strong like me yet more gentle, more loving and more accepting of others. She is rather intolerant of things that are perfect lately or things that she doesn't find acceptable. I am struggling with how do I someone who isn't always girly and soft be that teacher that she needs to show her that being tough isn't always the way to go. I don't want her to face the same issues that I have faced growing up and into my adult life yet I also do not want her to be a wimp. I sometimes find that I am softer and gentler with my son than I am with my daughter...I am struggling to overcome this!

No comments: