Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

A Time to Cry and A Time to Laugh

I love that passage in Ecclesiastes where Solomon is talking about all the seasons. Our family is currently going through a season of change. I am so glad that I have been able to be here in California for this time with them. On Wednesday we had a time to mourn and cry as we said goodbye to my grandfather. He was a loving man who loved to sing, laugh and have a good time. I have so many fond memories of him. The family all gathered and enjoyed being together. My grandpas sister June and her husband Owen came down from Seattle to be with us and they are always nice to see, I came with my kids, my sister, my cousins, and all my uncles family( though we consider them family). It was a good time of playing games with each other, remembering my grandpa and being together. My dad had done this great slide show of pictures from his life and the great Southern gospel music that he loved to honor my grandfather and so we got to remember through tons of old photos! We shared many stories of what we loved about Grandpa and laughed at all the silly things he used to do. It was a true way to honor him.
Thursday we did Disney....more on this to come later! I have tons of pictures!

No comments: