Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Being a Mom is Hard Work

This has been a long week...juggling being a mom with my job and my roles at church has been very challenging. Janea and I are going through some issues and she is also trying the patience of the other teachers at school. The last 3 days have been particularly challenging.

Wednesday: A long day at school, I had an interview that afternoon at a preschool and then we had AWANA awards night at church. Janea has been striving and working toward being the girl Spark of the Year. She got through her book and review in record time and then was working through the workbook, she did most of this completely on her own. Well, she took 2nd place for the second year in a row and she took it really hard. I am the Sparks Director and I am in charge of passing out rewards and she broke down crying. On one hand since things come easily to her when it comes to memorizing and schoolwork its good for her to come in 2nd. It gives her the desire to want to acheive...on the other hand she really wanted it and it really was hard to lose to someone who is younger than her.

Thursday: A good day at school, Janea got her work done no trouble until the very end of the day. She is struggling with knowing her place as a student and as the teachers daughter. It's not unlike me growing up in a pastor's house. She and I have both agreed that I should never be her teacher again...we butt heads a little too often! Well, she had a big struggle with another teacher and it's hard for me to remove my teacher hat and just wear my mom hat..

Friday: We are all tired and struggling with keeping a positive attitude toward one another.

No comments: