Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008...Hello 2009

Wow...it's the last day of 2008.

It's the end of a year...but it's really not the end. It's the end of writing 2008 yes, but it doesn't mean that life stops and that we don't continue. Last night I went back and reread a bunch of my posts from this year...its was mighty eventful for my family. We had a crazy year..and yet would easy be any better. So here is some of my thoughts looking forward to 2009

1. I want a deeper relationship with God. I have grown this year but I need to grow more. I so often fall into the poor me's and whine and complain. I want to look at my life the way God sees me and strive to be more holy.

2. I want to be a better wife to my husband. I honestly don't know how I am going to do this but it is a goal for next year. If you have any ideas on how to do this or a book that you found helpful(outside of the Bible, I'm doing a study on what Scripture says currently) I would love to know!

3. I want to be a better mom and train my children to love God, to be neater, to be accountable. I want to give lots of hugs and yell less. I want to make home a place that they love to be. I want to be less frustrated and more loving.

4. I want to be a better cook. I want to be able to make more foods that are yummy, nutricious and cost effective. I'm not gifted in this area and feel I have lots of room for improvement.

5. I want to be a better housekeeper. I want to not get lazy and be messy...very hard for me!

So those are my thoughts as we begin a new calendar year. I am thankful for all that God has done for me this year. I am thankful for all the lessons I have learned this year. I am thankful that I have a loving God who takes good care of me.

1 comment:

E and K said...

Of course I would ship to MO! Check out my website: www.marykay.com/katicarter and let me know what you want!