Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thank you God

Last night I was very frustrated and discouraged. I had trouble sleeping and so instead of reading fiction like I sometimes do I turned to Scripture. I was wrestling with feeling low and unaffirmed and the following was so obvious.

I was looking in the wrong place for affirmation. I don't need the affirmation of the world. So last night I looked over the Psalm that our pastor is preaching over and I don't need to find my happiness in my family or my home. My happiness needs to be resting in God. He needs to be my focus. I need to remember that God loves me more than I can ever imagine and He will supply the things that I need. I don't need to be affirmed by my family, I don't need to affirm myself. I need to be content whether on a Mountaintop place or down in a valley. I need to be relying on the strength of God not my own Strength. I need to wait on the Lord and not think that things need to be the way I want them.

I need to seek the Lord and His plan for me. I need to trust in Him and acknowledge His ways. I need to make Him my focus first and then my family. I need to love my Husband and submit and let him lead our family(something I am not good at) because that is God's design for the family. Please pray for me as I work on being a good wife and mom that I would make Jesus and pleasing the Lord a bigger focus and let my family benefit from me being the person God wants me to be.

1 comment:

B-blog said...

Erin, i wanted to tell you that i just prayed for you about the things in your last two entries. i know that we don't have the same lives but i do carry some of the same insecurities or needs for affirmation. it is so easy for me to wallow in them but i was encouraged by you seeking out God's Word. Thanks.