Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Dealing with Discouragement

Recently I have been struggling with my feelings regarding my family. On the one hand I am incredibly blessed to be the wife and mom of this great family. My children are thriving, my husband has a good job and provides for us well but at the same time I am frustrated and overwhelmed. Some days I feel like nothing more than a glorified maid and chef (and not a very good one at that) who lives in the house. I feel like I can't do anything right and when I get stuff done it's no big deal or just mom taking care of things. It's hard. I don't feel like I am being supported in what I am doing and it's draining.

My husband is a good guy but there are days when I feel like he is demanding so much more than I can deliver...he wants things fixed immediately and he wants things done his way. I understand his point of view but at the same time when you only see someone 3 days a week and they are discouraging and grumpy its hard. I haven't been responding the way that I need to either, I get very catty and frustrated easily. He thinks that his way is best but instead of working with me to get stuff done it's his way only that he thinks should be done. I simply do not think like him, things that work for him do not make sense to me. Plus, he thinks from the perspective of a singular individual and I think how would this work for 4 people. He cares nothing for the way things look--he is very male--but I need things to be more asethically pleasing. I am working on my attitude but it is so hard when I do the majority of everything in our lives. Since my schedule is different I end up bearing the weight of making phone calls, and getting stuff done.

I don't know why I am writing this...I am feeling discouraged and needing to get my thoughts down where I can read them at a later point. If you have any ideas on things that work when dealing with a stressful situation and making things work when you feel very low please leave me a note...

1 comment:

Brian said...

1 John 1:1-4 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life-- and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us-- what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.

Our stabilty, peace, assurance, and happiness (joy) comes from Christ alone. Our joy is in what Christ has done for us(saved us and given us eternal life), not our circumstances.

grace and peace,
brian