Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Communication?

When you work opposite shifts and you don't see much of each other you find interesting ways to communicate. Here is the progression of our communication...

1. Notes on a white board on the door....before we had cell phones we had the trusty white board..I would leave him notes before bed...he would leave me notes on his way to work...it mostly worked.

2. email...I had a cell phone, he didn't, we were living with the extended family with non magnetic doors so we would email back and forth....during this time I also had email in my classroom that was readily accessible so we "talked" this way...it worked for the most part.

3. cell phones...I have a phone, he has a phone...we talk and text back and forth and there are still days when we have a "failure to communicate" now comes the fun of making sure that the time to talk is conducive to both parties and we are in an area where we don't drop our calls. In addition we still use the trusty note on the door trick with magnets...

All in all its important to communicate and bad communication is still better than no communication!

No comments: