Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where were you?

Where were you 9 years ago?

What do you remember from that day?

I was getting ready for school, I was student teaching the first gradein St. Charles Illinois and we had on the Today Show and I remember stopping to watch the coverage when the first plane had hit and we didn't know what was going on. Then we watched as the 2nd plane went into the other tower. I was in shock, didn't know what was going on at all and at the same time I was mesmorized but what I was seeing. I had to leave very soon after the second plane hit and the staff meeting that morning was subdued.

The day was different, the students were mostly oblivious but we did have some absent that day and more were picked up early by parents. The PE and Art teachers were able to watch coverage throughout the day and kept us posted on what was happening. During lunch we ate and watched TV set up on a table in the Teacher's lounge which wasn't ever there...we witnessed the 2nds tower collapse and sat just dumbfounded by what had happened. I remember being concerned for my family and my young daughter and what the future would hold.

It was such an intense day. I was glued to the TV for days after as well and wanted to know all kind of information about what was going on.

I hope I never forget what happened that day. I want to understand, I want to never forget, I want to remember to say Thank You to those who risk their lives to save others.

Thank you to everyone who helps to keep AMERICA safe! I appreciate you!

No comments: