Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

wants vs needs

This pregnancy is challenging to me in many ways. One being cravings for different foods.

Tonight for instance...I so WANT a McDonalds Vanilla Milkshake smothered in whipped cream minus the cherry...It sounds so good and yummy and I want one...like RIGHT NOW! Now, I could be whiny and pitiful and send Dan out tonight to get me one. However, I'm not. It's not in the budget, it's a minor thing and he's worked hard today and is tired. It's not a Need...we have food in the house, we have yummy things that are good or better for me than a Milkshake...but I really do WANT one... but i don't NEED one...it's such a challenge.

The whiny pitiful side of me really wants to send him out for a milkshake, the pragmatic side of me is saying no...and I feel kinda stuck in the middle...

So I'm drinking Hot Chocolate, used up the last of the whipped cream and thinking of other things I can eat that are sweet...

Pregnancy is so hard at times...

No comments: