Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow! I can't believe it is 2011 already!

2010 was a rough year for me...a good year filled with many good things. However, at the same time 2010 has been a year of changes for me...here are some of the changes from 2010.

1. JOB My school closed...so I went job hunting...to a job that I really don't like...it's hard to go from a job that is your passion to one you just tolerate!

2. HOUSING--okay this one is a good change...we bought a house this past year! I love my house and all our space! It's a GREAT change... but with the house comes different bills and a mortgage payment that is a bit higher than our previous rent payment.

3. BABY!!!--the biggest and I think most mindboggling thing to me is that fact that I am PREGNANT...8 years after thinking I was done we are being blessed with another addition to the family. This pregnancy and working the hours that I do is also very hard on me physically. I am still in a sense of HUH?? alot...even with an independently moving belly!

So I've been thinking of goals and things for the upcoming year as I have a fresh slate as it were ahead of me...so here's what I am thinking.

1. Budgeting...we took the Dave Ramsey course at church this past fall and it's given us the tools to use to make sure we are being good stewards of all God is giving us...now we need to apply it and live within a monthly budget...we are getting better but there is still room for improvement.

2. Baby...to have a good and safe delivery. To adjust and welcome this new little one into our family with no reservations and hopefully everything we need!

3. Kiddos...to help Jaron through the adjustment of changing schools next year, to being the best mom I can be to 3 kids not just 2. To balance the emotional needs of each child at each of the developmental levels that they will be at.

4. My Marriage...to continue to be the help that Dan needs...to realize that he is a good willed person and I just need to understand that men and women are different...to appreciate all that he does and not focus on the things that I think he isn't doing for me...to love and meet his needs whatever they are...to listen and relate and share what we are feeling together.

5. JOB--To find a new job in the fall or be a stay at home mom...I am most likely going to be leaving my current position in March. I don't feel like it is a good fit for me nor do I feel like they understand where I am coming from and the hours are not good for the family. SO I will take a good chunk of time off to have the baby and adjust to life and then hopefully find a better position for next year.

So that's where I am at this January 1, 2011. It was a good year in many ways in 2010 and yet I have room to grow and develop as 2011 unfolds...so adios 2010...welcome 2011

No comments: