Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

The Art of a Deal

I'm working on having the big kids help more around the house. 

I'm offering not only to pay them but also I'm negotiating with them.  That really is working for the 10 year old...I mean, he is setting tables with me not even having to ask right now...I'm hoping this lasts!

I'm offering trades...one of the chores they don't like for something that I do...an even exchange as it were.  

The firstborn hates....I mean HATES....to load and unload the dishwasher...I don't get it...I used to wash all the dishes by HAND...she has it easy peasy lemon squeezy compared to my time.  I don't mind that...but I hate doing other things...so I have offered her a trade.  She picks one of my chores and does it willingly in exchange for me not having her load and unload the dishwasher!  

I'm hoping it works...she is still thinking about her trade item.  We will see what happens.  If this works I may negotiate for other items.  

I want them to help but I am tired of nagging them...hopefully this will make it easier for everyone.

No comments: