Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Contemplating Goodness and Changes

Tomorrow starts a new month...December...one that will be extra full of special things and events. However, as I sit and think about it I am again aware that my focus may be in the wrong place. Our pastor preached on Stewardship this morning and I got to thinking today about being a proper steward of everything and that includes my time.

I am good at putting things off, if I don't feel like doing something I am really good at putting it on the back burner and then forgetting about it. Since I have gone back to work I have been failing at my mantra of keeping up with my housework. I use the excuse of being tired and then decide to do something else.

My goal for December is simple...don't put off what needs to be done regardless of how I am feeling. I don't want to get to the end of the month and feel like a failure. Instead I want to build momentum to start the new year on the right foot with a plan in place to make 2009 a really profitable year. The end of 2008 is approaching and I have been thinking about the past year and boy did God meet needs in extraordinary ways!

*We had a huge flood and our baby is still with us. God protected her and helped her to get out of a flooded basement without getting caught in anything harmful or being electrocuted...Thank you God for my daughter.

*We made the decision to put the kids in public school and I prayed fervently that they would be placed with good teachers. God has answered this prayer and I am pretty sure that Janea's teacher is a Christian. They both have teachers that fit them well and are helping them to learn and grow in their educations..Thank you God for answering prayers.

* I used my time when I wasn't working to focus on Sparks and Awana and it has made such a difference. I am prepared and ready each Wednesday night and I have been blessed with good leaders who are committed to doing a good job and honoring God! Thank you God for great Sparks leaders!

* We moved to a place where we can again be our family of four. It's a good place to be, we are more focused on spending quality time together enjoying each other's company and having fun! It's been sweet! Thank you God for my wonderful family!

No comments: