Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Incentives Package

I have been after Janea to clean her room for about 2 months. I help her and it gets messy immediately afterwards. It's a little frustrating.

This weekend Jaron has been on task....he cleaned his room, he's been picking up toys in the living room before bed, he's even vacuumed because he wanted to.(I've honestly wondered who he is a couple of times because I couldn't believe how helpful he has been) I decided that if Janea can get her room done then I will Reward the children with a movie.

They are dying to see Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakel and there is no school today so if they can get their chores done by 2:00 then we will go and see the 4:10 showing of Alvin. Well, it's not even 9 yet, Jaron is dressed without prompting and Janea is in the process of cleaning her room.

Gotta love a good incentives package. I will gladly sit through the movie if it means that my children are happy helpers...Dan and I were discussing this, it's not bribery but rewarding a good job.

No comments: